Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Hemingway and Cooking the Octopus

I took the day off from writing yesterday ... just reading. "Sun Also Rises" was my main distraction, and an essay about a friend's challengew with parenting a daughter through troubled years and into their adult relationship. Wow, what a journey. "Vocabularies and Their Subversion: A Reminiscence" by John Domini. You can check it out in his upcoming book of essays "Cooking the Octopus." Need to get my paperwork completed and mailed off for the SCBWI - Iowa Chapter Spring Conference to learn more about children's publishing. Came up with a fabulous idea for a nonfiction adult book ... so many ideas, so little time to write. I think this is one idea you might hear about from me in the future though. Stay tuned ...

No comments:

Post a Comment